We are going to see how to built a camera that can detect and track faces .
WHAT YOU NEED .
*** disclaimer : some of the links below are affiliate links, this means I get a small commission when you purchase using them ( at no extra cost to you ) . If you like this website please consider using them but you don't have to ! ***
- something to check dimensions, a ruler or a caliper
- wire stripper
- soldering iron
- multi-meter .
- Arduino Uno ( a genuine one can be a bit pricey but you will be sure that you won't have any compatibility issue with the IDE . Some cheaper clone like this ELEGOO board can be a good alternative )
- 2 x MG-90S servos (You can also use SG-90 servos)
- Power supply ( needs to deliver over 7 volts and 2 amps )
- 5V voltage regulator
- 2.1x5.5mm jack plug
- male pin header
- M2x10mm self tapping screw
- rubber band ( you can also use zip ties )
- 3 x LED ( optional )
- 3 x 220 ohm resistor ( optional )
You can also find them on the DOWNLOAD PAGE
CAMERA HOLDER ARM
SHORT AXLE END
LONG AXLE END
The assembly is pretty much done !!! We just have to take care of the wiring before being able to bolt the servo horns in their final position .
software (and servos setup) .
We will now see how to use the software and setup the servos .
The software comes in 2 version :
- An executable that you just have to download and run (this is great if you can't code . unfortunately this only works on windows) .
- And a repository including all the python, UI and haar cascade file required to run the program . Feel free to improve and build upon the existing code !